Research proves time and again that kids that are exposed to arts education and have opportunity for creative expression do better academically and professionally. Summer Sparks Camp is here to provide direction and inspiration to kids that are eager to learn!
1) A student involved in the arts is four times more likely to be recognized for academic achievement.
2) Students with high arts participation and low socioeconomic status have a 4 percent dropout rate—five times lower than their low socioeconomic status peers.
3) Students who take four years of arts and music classes average almost 100 points higher on their SAT scores than students who take only one-half year or less.
4) Low-income students who are highly engaged in the arts are twice as likely to graduate college as their peers with no arts education.
5) 72 percent of business leaders say that creativity is the number one skill they are seeking when hiring.
6) 93 percent of Americans believe that the arts are vital to providing a well-rounded education.
7) The arts are recognized as a core academic subject under the federal Elementary and Secondary Education Act, and 48 states have adopted standards for learning in the arts.
8) Two-thirds of public school teachers believe that the arts are getting crowded out of the school day.
9) 97 percent of elementary schools nationwide don’t offer dance and 96 percent don’t offer theater.
10) In 2008, African-American and Hispanic students had less than half of the access to arts education than their White peers.
Source: Americans For The Arts https://www.americansforthearts.org
Summer Sparks Camp provides the opportunity for your child to begin their journey of creative and musical discovery!